Now these ideas are an excellent way to use up old cardstock or duplicate pieces of pattern paper that you may not want to use on your crafts anymore!
for any size card!
These are the two envies I use the most.
All you need to make these envelopes are cards, a pair of scissors, bone folder, single or double sided cardstock and your favorite adhesive.
Small-Medium Sized Card
I usually start out with an 8 1/2" x 11 or 12" sheet of cardstock for small - medium sized cards.
1. Center the card on your piece of cardstock and draw lines on each side of the card adding about 1/8" - 1/4" on each side. This extra space makes for easy insertion ~ o.k. no better way to put that.
2. Use the bone folder and crease lines where you placed your marks. You can see in this photo I placed an "X" on the outside corners where the lines criss-crossed.
3. Cut off the 4 corners where "X" marks the spot!
4. Fold both of the outside smaller flaps towards the center.
5. Fold the bottom flap up towards the center. Apply a small bit of adhesive to adhere this flap to the 2 side flaps.
6. (optional) If desired you could miter the top edges of the small flaps as shown...
7. Fold the flap over and it's ready to use!
8. (optional) If desired you can spiff it up a bit and use an edge punch or deco scissors to pretty up the flap!
Large Card Envelope Directions:
I use 12x12 sheets of cardstock for these envelopes.
You can make envelopes for some VERY large cards using this technique.
1. Center your card on the cardstock which has been turned so one corner is pointing towards you as shown...
2. Fold the bottom corner up towards the center.
3. Turn the card/cardstock and fold the next corner towards the center.
4. Fold the last side towards the center as shown...
5. Open all 3 sides up...
6. Re-fold both of the side panels in towards the center.
7. Fold the bottom flap towards the center and secure with a dab of adhesive.
8. Fold the top flap down and you're good to go!
And there you have two very quick and easy techniques for creating your own envelopes for virtually any size card you may make!